Location: Torino (Italia)
Client: ASTALDI S.p.A.
The Turin railway tunnel (also known as “Nodo di Torino”) has been one of SGS “main projects” in the years 2005 – 2012.
SGS activity was focused on the executive geotechnical and structural design of the artificial tunnel for the new railway line, of the interfaces with existing assets and of few other specific works.
The design work – in numbers – consisted of:
- 8 km of artificial tunnel excavated in urban environment;
- 980.000 m3 of concrete;
- 113.600.000 kg of steel bars;
- 2.100.000 m3 of mainly tunnel excavations;
- 275.000 m2 of diaphragm walls;
- 710.000 ml of columns of soil improvement (jet-grouting);
- 60.000 ml of large diameter piles.