Location: Curtici (Romania)
Client: ASTALDI S.p.A. – FCC Construccion – SALCEF GROUP – THALES
The design works deal with the rehabilitation of the existing railway line Frontiera-Curtici-Simeria.
Within project areas 2A (approx. 42Km long) and 2B (approx. 3Km long), SGS has provided detailed design for the main geotechnical works, including:
- approx. 960.000 m3 of improved ground through jet-grouting technology
- sheet piles supported by steel props as retaining system for about 150.000m3 of excavated material
- foundations for 4 bridges (370m to 470m long) founded on raft (approx. 45.000m3 of concrete) and large diameter piles (11,340m total length of 1.8m piles)
- 600m long tunnel excavated in traditional method
- Temporary retaining structures to build foundations for 22 small bridges (span length between 6m and 22m).